Followers

Sunday 21 April 2019

ACTION! Setting the scene.

ACTION!
Setting the scene

Compass Point - bomb disposal

As documented before on the blog, my 009 layout, Compass Point is the inspiration for my series of DI Russell crime novels. Several of the tableaux I created were featured in the books. Notable amongst them was the scene where a WW2 bomb is being extracted from the mud in the estuary by Captain Valiant and Sapper Rankin.



Now that I'm well into writing the fourth in the series, I am still adding scenes that may be incorporated at some time. I'm currently building a vintage Airfix model of a WW2 'Quad' with 25 pounder gun and limber. I've got this idea that a group of soldiers, on manoeuvres, in the mid 1950s are still using war time equipment. They have lost their way, bumping down a rutted track near Shinglesea Halt, and have stopped to consult the map.


I think it's going to work on the layout, and it's given me an idea for incorporating it into Blood on the Cards, but there's just one small problem. The figures. British army soldiers, in 1/72 and 1/76 scale are readily available, but they are mainly in action poses. There are some very nice wargaming figures, but at only 20mm high they are rather too short, scaling out at about 5 feet tall. So the search goes on.









No comments:

Post a Comment