Followers

Thursday 1 November 2018

GHOULIES AND GHOSTIES

GHOULIES AND GHOSTIES

Kate, the landlady and boyfriend Bob

Following on from a post last month when I discussed the inspiration for the Shipwrights Arms in my novels, I paid a visit to 'Doris's' aka The Red Lion at Snargate, near Appledore. As it was October 31st, the theme was naturally, Halloween. My daughter, Saskia, made a spooky spider costume for Aggie and cleverly carved her likeness on a pumpkin.

Spooky spider Aggie

My effort was much simpler, inspired by Jack Skellington in Tim Burton's delightful, Nightmare before Christmas. And, despite stiff competition, it one first prize.

My winning pumpkin

All the entries.

The Goacher's bitter was rather too easy to drink and I'm afraid I celebrated rather too well.







No comments:

Post a Comment