Followers

Friday 18 January 2019

DI SONNY RUSSELL'S MINIATURE HOME

DI SONNY RUSSELL'S MINIATURE HOME

Shinglesea - Chelsea Flower Show 2007

I do like to keep a theme going. In 2007 I designed and exhibited a medal winning garden at the prestigious Chelsea Flower Show - and met and shook hands with the Queen. But that's another story. As detailed  earlier, I've now used the facade of the railway carriage backdrop as the front of a studio/writing room I've built in the garden.

Studio/writing room

Not content with that, I'm now reproducing it in miniature at a scale of 4mm to the foot or 1/76. It's part of a model railway layout, that I exhibit, called Compass Point. Now, if you've read my DI Sonny Russell crime novels, you'll know that the detective lives, with his little terrier Aggie, in a converted railway carriage, not far from Compass Point. In reality, Compass Point is a thinly disguised Rye Harbour and his carriage home is actually at Winchelsea Beach. Meanwhile, here's a couple of pictures of the progress so far. 


The carriage is a cut-down model of a kit by Ratio and the fencing is made from matchsticks, split lengthwise in four.


2 comments:

  1. Chris - this is great fun, the way your professional background, artistry, writing and railway modelling come together. There is no one I know who manages to do the same. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ted, you're making me blush. I take that as a huge compliment from someone of your prodigious talent.

      Delete